Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sneak Peek of Pickles

Dear Pickles,

On Nov. 5, 2010, I got to see you for the first time. I had an appointment with the the fertility doctor to confirm your existence. Daddy had to work, so I got to see you all by myself.

There I was in the doctor's office with hospital gown on, looking at the ultrasound monitor. It was all black, then suddenly, there you were. I could see you on the screen. I could hear your heart beat. There you were, a little piece of me and daddy.



Introducing Pickles Patten

Ta-da! It's Baby Pickles!

"Oh, what a cute baby," the doctor said. She performed all her checks to make sure that things were as they should be.

"The heart sounds good. It's beating at 140 beats per minute," she said. "Congratulations! You've officially graduated from the infertility clinic."



Another View of Pickles

I had no idea human babies had yolk sacs.

It happened so quickly. The doctor congratulated me again and handed me your first photos. I took a snap shot of you and sent it to your father on my cell phone. I knew that he couldn't wait to see and hear all about you.

As I was leaving the hospital, I had a smile on my face, but I was surprised that I didn't have any tears of joy.

As I drove away from the hospital, I heard my phone beep. I received a text message from your daddy. He wrote:

That is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I love you.

I called him, but he did not answer the phone, so I decided to leave a voice message for him instead. As I tried to speak, a rush of emotion came over me. I could barely leave your daddy a message through all my sniffling and carrying on.




Pickles Up Close

Don't be mad, Pickles.  This is all done in love.

The tears would not stop following. I was so wonderfully happy and so in love with your father at that moment. I knew that he was going to love you so much and be the best father that he could be. We can't wait to meet you Baby Pickles and share all this love we have to give to you.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...