Thursday, January 20, 2011

Daddy's First Doctor's Visit and Remembering the Big DM

Dear Pickles,

I had another regular check up scheduled on Jan. 19th.  And guess who got to come?!  Your daddy!  He was so happy to be there.  He got to hear your heart beat.  It was measured at 152 bpm.  (Such a strong heart, you have!)  We thought we might be able to find out if you are a boy or a girl, but our doctor told us that that would happen at the next appointment on Feb. 2nd.  Instead, the doctor took mommy's blood to run some labs.

The day before the appointment, your grandfather passed away.  He had been battling bladder cancer for 5 months.  Although we were hopeful that he would be around when you would be born, it just didn't workout that way.  Daddy and I were so sad.  He was such a generous, loving man.  Daddy loved him very, very much.  Your daddy posted this about your grandpa on Facebook the day that he passed away:

The best man I have ever known died today.  I wish my baby had a chance to meet him, but I can't wait to tell my little pickles all about my Dad.  And I hope I can be half the dad he was.  I love you Dad and will do my best.


We'll Miss You, Larry Dale


Larry, the Jeep Master


Pickles, mommy and daddy will make sure that even though you didn't get to meet your grandpa, Larry Dale, you will know all about him.  There are so many stories to tell and pictures to share with you.  He was a great man, and he will be sorely missed.  Be proud that you are a part of the legacy that he is leaving behind - a family made strong by the bonds of love we have for one another.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...