Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Happy Mother's Day

Dear Pickles,

On Mother's Day, mommy walked down stairs to find the most wonderful surprise waiting for her on the kitchen table... an array of gifts to enjoy from you!  (What a clever girl you are to outsource daddy from the womb for help!)


My Mother's Day Gift from Izzy...


I even called my mommy (your Mimi) to wish her a happy Mother's Day, too.  I told her how you gave me the sweetest card that read:
Mom, for love above and beyond.


I owe you big time.  Happy Mother's Day.


Thanks for making me.  Love, Izzy.


P.S. Every time I kick, it's just me letting you know how much I love you and want to get out there so you can hold me.


Mom to Mom


I would like to say that I spend the day relaxing, lazing about, and watching the awesome selection of DVDs you picked out for me, but, instead, I spent the day nesting.  Mommy spent the day washing your awesome wardrobe in scent free, allergy free detergent and softener.  I also unpacked a lot of items in your nursery, organized your closet, and put finishing touches here and there in the nursery.  (I can't wait to reveal the finished product to you.)

When I wasn't nesting, I took short breaks to read Bossypants by Tina Fey... And while I'm on this topic, I have a confession to make... Even though you gave me this awesome book for Mother's Day, mommy already bought herself a copy of the book the day before...  Sorry Pickles.  Daddy reprimanded me for buying myself something before a major holiday... But I couldn't help myself!  This chick rocks!  I hope you find her to be one of your heroes growing up.  Seriously, she's awesome.  Don't believe me?  Watch this clip:



           

See what I mean?

Thanks again for the Mother's Day presents.  We'll have to collaborate soon to get daddy something special for Father's Day next month.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...